UHS Build 15519 - April 24 2019
The plan for this build was to release an in-system method for handling league All-Star Voting. At the time of this release I'd say I'm about half-way done. It's taken nearly 4 months to get to this point, which is far too long since the last build was released.
Unfortunately, this is directly a result of my health degrading rapidly since January. For those that know, I have had ALS for some 20+ years; fortunately it was very SLOW in progression. For some reason, that has sped up dramatically and has affected the use of my hands. I can still code and type, however, I'm fumbling a LOT; lots of typos, grammar and syntax errors simply due to fatigue and hand responsiveness. I will be looking into some voice to text options, however, my stutter may be a hinderance in this area.
Going forward, the focus for UHS will primarily be maintenance and small / quick developments. I don't believe its fair to proceed business as usual when it is clearly not. It is certainly possible for the progression to slow again, in which time I will re-evaluate my ability to add new developments for the simulator.
I will be doing a review of all current UHS Development / Wishlist Items and either remove them from the list or mark them as "Long-term": It's an item I would like to do but the scope of it is very large so it likely wouldn't be done anytime soon, in most cases it'll be buried when compared against short-term items.
Our Facebook page will be "closed" in that this will be the last post there. All future communications will be through Discord and blog posts on our site, with an occasional tweet here and there.
I appreciate all the testing, feedback, and passion you have all brought to the table. It has kept me going for years. I never would have imagined that UHS would have progressed to this point back when I first started coding it in 2005. Thank you all so much.
Download All Players
A new Download All Players button will show up for COMs+ in the Manage > Players list. This will allow you to download all players to a CSV file with the following information: PlayerID, Jersey, FirstName, LastName, Position, Hand, Age, Height, Weight, Country, Salary, Contract, AG, QK, PW, FA, IJ, PN, SK, PS, PC, CH, SH, Total, Chem, FI.
Please be aware that this can only be accessed by COMs or higher and will show the exact value of the players' skills, even for leagues that have skills hidden.
Bug Fixes & Miscellaneous Changes
- Added a warning about setting medical options when changing from Pre-Season to Regular Season.
- Updated Team Power report to use the per-player average instead of the sum of skills.
- The Team Finances report has been renamed Finances.
- When assigning an award, active players will now be sorted by LastName, FirstName instead of only LastName.
- Fixed an issue where the All-Star Team Personnel links would take the user to an incorrect page if the All-Star game was in two-team mode (non-tournament).
- Fixed an issue where the submit button for Addding an Award said Add Arena.
- Fixed an issue where the submit button for Assigning an Award said Import.
- The COM alert for low ticket prices will now take you directly to the Max Ticket Price field.
- The COM alert for teams with roster/line errors will now only show teams that have playable games in the current Season and SeasonType.
- Fixed an issue where games would not show up on the Play Games screen after being played or queued.
- Fixed an issue where messages from the League Wall will get deleted even if you Cancel.
- Facebook widgets have been removed from the regular and public sites.
- The Discord widgets have been replaced with the official discord widget instead of the homebrewed widget.
- Fixed an issue where Pre-Season schedules that started on Sundays would have all subsequent game days scheduled for Sundays even if other days of the week were selected. Jan-17 2019.
- Fixed an issue where teams were not being charged for Medical maintenance fees during the season changeover. Jan-17 2019.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Retract button on a Waiver Claim would bring the user to an empty page. Jan-19 2019.
- Fixed an issue where an error would happen when buying out player contracts for players with apostrophes in their name. Jan-20 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the Team Power report was adding Defense power twice for skills shown leagues and corrected an issue where the Forward power was being displayed in the Defense column. Jan-21 2019.
- Fixed an issue where skater injuries would not happen if Career Injuries was enabled. Also increased the chance per check received from 1% to 3% for an injury check to happen. Jan-21 2019.
- Fixed an issue where drafted players were still appearing in the GM Draft List. Jan-22 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the Public Sites rules page would show a 0 for the Career Injury setting. Jan-24 2019.
- Removed the Rival option in Edit Teams when the season is not in the Off-Season. Jan-24 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the AutoGM was able to sign multiple coaches for their farm team. Jan-25 2019.
- Fixed an issue where a GM could potentially make more claims than allowed. Jan-26 2019.
- Added extra messaging to Copy Codes as some errors were not displaying on the screen. Jan-27 2019.
- Fixed an issue where retired coaches would appear when looking at a pro team's personnel page. Jan-27 2019.
- Adjusted the GM Trade List screen to hide the Date and use the team abbreviation for small screens. Jan-27 2019.
- Fixed an issue where All-Star cities were not being shown by their seed rank and corrected an issue with the wrong seed movement buttons showing up. Jan-27 2019.
- Fixed an issue where team logos were not appearing in the Leading Players & Leading Goalies stats page. Jan-27 2019.
- The Target Ticket price has been adjusted downward to a place where some teams may not generate enough revenue through the season. Too many teams were generating excessive profits where the aim is to have a balance between winning & losing teams. Jan-27 2019.
- Increased the player skills in trades between AutoGMs to increase the likelihood of a hold-out player being moved. This only affects hold-out transactions between two AutoGM teams. Feb-1 2019.
- Fixed an issue where using the MassMove feature allowed GMs to move skilled players to the junior team. Feb-4 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the button text for adding new medical options said Create Lawyer. Feb-4 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the AutoGM was allowed to perform player training outside the OffSeason/PreSeason window. Feb-8 2019.
- Updated the Target Ticket price upward as too many teams were losing money. Going forward we will be making minute adjustments behind the scenes but may not necessarily notify everyone. Feb-10 2019.
- Fixed an issue where Suspended or Sick players with 1 game remaining would not be shown on the Team Overview page. Feb-14 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the selection check-mark does not appear for Lawyers or Medical for GMs during the Regular Season and Playoffs. Feb-14 2019.
- Fixed an issue where farm coaches were always requesting permission if their team was 0.650+ win.pct or higher even if they had already requested it during the season. Feb-19 2019.
- Fixed an issue where farm coaches were still requesting permission if their games were being played in Live Game Mode. Feb-21 2019.
- Fixed an issue where the Captain or Assistant Captain designation did not get stripped from players when trading with the AutoGM. Feb-23 2019.
- Fixed an issue that prevented games from being played queued if eliminated or inactive playoff teams had a roster issue. Mar-4 2019.
- Released code to add team links from the play games page. Mar-4 2019.
- Fixed an issue where players in some leagues could not be selected for the GM Draft List. Mar-7.
- Fixed an issue where selected players were not appearing in the GM's Draft List. Mar-7.
- Fixed an issue where Away teams winning by a shoot-out were not getting their SOW standings updated (only applies if SOW Pts is not the same as Regulation Pts). Mar-12.
- Fixed an issue where AutoGM finances were not being updated for Player Training costs. Mar-17.
- Fixed an issue where teams without any players were not showing up on the Roster Validation screen. Mar-17
- Fixed an issue where the AutoGM was purchasing Makeweights to fill a game roster spot despite having a free agent bid accepted. The AutoGM will still create Makeweights if there is not enough time between now and Midnight of their next scheduled game. Mar-17.
UHS Build 15300 - January 2019
The last build was back in July. YIKES! The initial plan was to blueprint out Captains & Alternates in August (which did happen) but then I got caught up with my other responsibilities in World of Warcraft. Sept & Oct merged to get me focused on BlizzCon, then BlizzCon happened, then November just flew by.
Overall my goal is still to release a build once a month but I can't guarantee that it's going to happen. I'm still focused on keeping NHL rosters updated with player moves on a daily basis and I'm also still looking for a reliable person to generate or update NHL skill characteristics (AG, PS, CH, etc); this isn't a paying position, so I'm not overly optimistic. I'll continue adding players and updating characteristics as best I can.
Captains & Alternates
This development has been on our wishlist for EIGHT YEARS. It's a long time but it's finally here. We actually did quite a bit of work on it, got distracted by BlizzCon a bit and then came back to it only to realize that adding the Cap/Alt as a Contract or Free Agent Offer was a LOT more complicated than what we blueprinted out. Cap/Alts affecting contracts / FA offers were removed so we could move forward with the build.
Teams will be able to name a Captain and 2 Alternates for their Pro team only and can only be done during the off-season. Cap/Alts provide a possible skill bonus to players on their lines (more below). Changing the Cap/Alts does have some potential disasterous effects, the chance of which decreases as the player ages (see changes to Hold Outs). As much as I hate to say this, goaltenders cannot be marked as Cap/Alts for the team.
While a Cap/Alt cannot be moved to the farm team, they can be traded. Traded players will lose their Cap/Alt designation with no ill effects on the player.
Captain / Assistant Benefits
Captains provide a 20% chance to all players on the ice with them to increase each skill by one point. Alternates provide a 10% chance to increase skill points by one point. The chance does stack, so have your Captain and both Alternate Captains on the ice at the same time would provide a 40% chance to increase player's skills by one point.
This chance is only applied to players that are actually on the ice with the Cap/Alts, including the goaltender. The chance is also applied for each player's skill points (AG, CH, SH, PS) individually and not to the player as a whole. A player's skill also cannot be raised higher than 9.
Captain / Assistant Letter Stripping Chance of Hold Out
When removing the Cap/Alt letter from a player to assign it to someone else, the former Cap/Alt has a chance to become a Hold Out. Hold Outs now have seriously detrimental effects on their team (outlined below). The chance does decrease as the player ages but never goes away.
Age 15-20: 100% chance
Age 21: 90% chance
Age 22: 80% chance
Age 23: 70% chance
Age 24: 60% chance
Age 25: 50% chance
Age 26: 40% chance
Age 27: 30% chance
Age 28: 20% chance
Age 29+: 10% chance
Hold Out Changes
Any player that becomes a Hold Out, either due to Cap/Alt letter stripping, getting low-balled a contract offer or demanding a trade after a game will now have some serious negative impacts on your team. It is in your team's best interest to move these players as soon as possible.
This does include players that are holding out for Free Agency. If they got to that point, your offer must have been terrible. Since Free Agency Hold Outs do not get their Hold Out flag cleared after a trade, if you are NOT in the Off-Season, your only option here is to buy out the player.
For Age Rerate leagues Hold Outs now have a -50% modifier on their own rerates as well as impose a -25% modifier on ALL PLAYERS on their team. This effect is cumulative, so having 3 Hold Out players imposes a -75% modifier on player rerates.
The Hold Out player also has a negative impact to players on the ice: the Hold Out player has a -2 modifier applied to all their skills and also has a 25% chance to impose a -2 penalty to all other players on the ice with them. If there are multiple Hold Outs, this chance is cumulative, however, the skill penalty will always be -2.
Currently there is no Hold Out penalty imposed on the team signing new players, however, it's possible this could be added at a later date, depending on what data we see after deployment.
AutoGMs will make low-ball trade offers to move Hold Out players off their team. Any players that are Holding Out for Free Agency will be bought out regardless of the AutoGM's financial situation.
Bug Fixes & Miscellaneous Changes
- A new Free Agent Scouting report has been added to the League > Free Agency sub-menu. This report will only show up for leagues where skills are hidden.
- We've fixed an issue where weird lines or blocks would show up on the bottom row of each division's standings. Thanks to Allan from DataTables!
- Team's Season Net and links to team pages have been added to the Team Finances report.
- Fixed an issue where the Rookie marker (*) was not appearing in the Login-Site version of the Team Personnel page.
- Fixed an issue where AutoGM replies to trade offers could have the incorrect responses as some responses were carryovers from other, separate trade offers.
- Fixed an issue where the AutoGM would evaluate their own players as prospects if the other team was offering prospect players.
- AutoGMs making contract offers will use 90% as the low-end of their offer range instead of 75%.
- Fixed an issue where Conferences and Divisions could not be used for the Assign All feature for All Star Team Management.
- Fixed an issue where traded Junior players would appear on the new Pro team, however, could not be move down. The players will now remain at the junior level and their junior teams.
- Fixed an issue where leagues were allowed to create SavePoints over their maximum.
- Fixed an issue where successful farm coaches would appear to have extra Permission Requests. Coaches with a 0.650 win pct on the farm team have a 20% chance to make permission request regardless of how many have been made in the current season.
- Fixed an issue where the League Power & Chemistry (PubSites) and Power Rankings reports were not recording all player skills properly (was using only the last player seen) or assigning Forwards to the correct C,LW,RW position.
- The League Power & Chemistry (PubSites) and Power Rankings reports will now only look at Pro level players.
- Fixed an issue where Free Agent Salary Expectations were being tuned far too low, sometimes past the league Minimum Salary. We've modified the Salary Expectation to no longer consider how long the player has been on the Free Agent market. The Salary Expectation will now just consider the player's age and skill.
- AutoGMs will no longer create makeweights if there is enough time between now and the next scheduled game to sign a free agent.
- The "Queue Live" button has been moved to the other side of the Live Game Time text field. This was done as the Queue Live button was too close to the Queue Games button on small screens, resulting in games being accidentally queued for Live mode instead of just regular mode.
- Fixed an issue preventing Junior playoff series settings from being saved.
- Fixed an issue where only one goaltender was being created for All-Star Teams. July 21 2018.
- Fixed an issue where new teams being added to the league would not have an empty spot to claim in the Draft Order. July 22 2018.
- Added Chemistry and Jersey to the list of editable fields for a player. July 22 2018.
- Fixed an issue preventing single teams from being set back to AutoGM during a season. July 24 2018.
- Fixed an issue where some Assistant GM accounts could not have their permissions updated. July 24 2018.
- Fixed an issue that prevented coaches from being offered new contracts. July 27 2018.
- Fixed an issue where farm teams needing to create makeweights would not consider players already on the farm team's roster. July 30 2018.
- Added the Injured Games, Injury Type and Suspended Games fields to the list of field available for editing for players. August 11 2018.
- All retired players will now show up in the Hall of Fame induction list (previously only retired players currently assigned to teams would appear). Additionally, COMs have the option of selecting what team that player will be known for when they are inducted to the Hall of Fame. Oct 12 2018.
- Fixed an issue where some players were not showing up in the free agency list. Oct 19 2018.
- Fixed an issue where the Season number was not displaying for RFA compensation. Oct 23 2018.
- Fixed an issue where Junior players being traded were not showing up on their new teams. Nov 12 2018.
- Fixed an issue where a specific scenario could cause the AutoGM to get into a Purchase/Buy-Out loop for a Free Agent filler. Nov 20 2018.
- Fixed an issue where the AutoGM could draft players younger than the draft age during Inaugural Drafts. Dec 11 2018.
- Fixed an issue where player salaries were not being calculated after being selected in the Inaugural Draft. Dec 12 2018.
- Fixed an issue where All-Star Teams could not use the Assign All button for Conference and Division players. Jan 2 2019.
- Fixed an issue where using Copy Codes would fail due to a legacy "Medical Facilities" reference. Jan 2 2019.
- Fixed an issue where a lesser skilled player (we're looking at you Gaving Larman) in the All-Star Skills competition would result in the All-Star game never finishing. Jan 2 2019.