Tweets by @HockeySimCA
UHS Build 7851 Released - New Dedicated Server! - thejames
Build 7802 Released - thejames
Build 7723 Released - thejames
UHS Build 7668 Released - Happy New Year! - thejames
Players automatically being moved - thejames
UHS Build 7468 Released - Merry Christmas! - thejames
Assigning jersey numbers?? - thejames
I want all teams to be auto-gm - BostonBruins40
Deleting Teams After Schedule is Created - thejames
James: - thejames
UHS Build 7851 – February 18 2015
Yep… another technical build release. It’s really to update the build number with all the hotfixes I had to put out after the last build. The last build made it painfully clear that remaining on the VPS just was no longer an option. We have successfully moved everything over to a Dedicated Server. Being the sole occupant of a server is great…¬† we get FULL CPU usage… our cron jobs went from 25 seconds on average to FOUR seconds. Crazy stuff… never thought it would be such a huge improvement.
Our databases remain on a dedicated VPS… we can move those over to our new Dedicated Server if needed. So far everything is looking pretty stable.
Also, I’ve added a Patreon link to the right side of the page. This is to allow folks to donate a monthly contribution to helping keep UHS up and running. I have put up some Milestones as well. As always, UHS will be free regardless of whether you want to help contribute. All folks that contribute have my gratitude and sincere thanks. We continue to grow (hence the necessity of moving to a dedicated box) and I’m hoping with some additional funding we can continue along the path to do some truly awesome things. Thank you for your support!
SavePoints & League Advancement
Leagues will no longer be allowed to advance past the Playoff if they have 5 or more SavePoints. Currently the SavePoint maximum is 5… transitioning between PlayOff and Off-Season requires a SavePoint to be created, so the league can only have 4 by the end of the season.
- Several (read: metric crapton) cron and system hotfixes immediately after deployment of build 7802 on February 12 2015.
It’s the middle of the night… the build has been released. Things look good… ¬†I’m tired… but not tired enough to sleep… OHHH… ¬†Happy Birthday to my youngest boy… he’s a whopping FIVE years old now. I just realized we’re after midnight, so today is his big day.
UHS Build 7802 – February 12 2015
This is another mostly technical build. We briefly tested out grouping leagues based on their DB size and setting up a cron job for each league… now I’m going a step further to add a cron job for each league. What does this mean to you? Not much hopefully… other than when the system gets super busy, you won’t need to wait for your games to be simmed… each league will have it’s own sim job kick off.
I’ve also added a new custom error reporting tool to let me know immediately when there is a sim error with detailed information. I’m hoping that once this is deployed I can get rid of some of the more elusive bugs that have troubled some users.
I think should be one of the last major technical upgrades I need to do… our scaling should be good and it should free up some more of my time to concentrate on adding more enhancements and such.
GM Team Home
The Upcoming Games section for both Pro and Farm teams have been updated to show the number of games remaining in the season. Upcoming Games will now only show you the games in the current stage of the Season: PreSeason, Regular, PlayOff…. previously, Upcoming Games showed any unplayed games in the schedule.
I’ve replaced the default error handler with a custom one to email me directly on any error, warning or even a notice when the simulator encounters issues. I’ve already identified a handful of minor issues that will be addressed as a bug fix in this build or as a hotfix. As the user, you should NOT see any of these errors… if you do, please copy and paste them into a ticket to UHS Support.
Contract Offers – technical change
Nothing to really see here… just moved the Contract Offer logic into it’s own function… should not impact anything when you make offers to your players.
– Fixed an issue where the Goalie Change on Goal Difference will no longer give 0 goals as an option.
– Fixed an issue where an Away player would sometimes not have their PIM updated when receiving a Game Misconduct.
– Released a set of admin tools and updated code to configure UHS Group sizes through the UI. Released as hotfix on January 18 2015.
– Fixed an issue where All-Star games could not be played. Released as hotfix on February 1 2015.
– Fixed an issue that prevented teams from being changed to AutoGM while a season was in progress. Released February 3 2015.
– Fixed an issue that prevented leagues from advancing from Off-Season to Pre-Season if they had active All-Star teams. The error messaging would also falsely indicate a problem with the Farm league’s conference / division structure. Released February 3 2015.
– Fixed an issue where a team’s abbreviation could change when saving an edit to the team while the league’s schedule / season was in progress. Released February 4 2015.
UHS Build 7723 – January 14 2015
This build is primarily a bug and hot fix release. There are a few minor updates to the UI and the system. The system should now be good to handle added traffic with minimal maintenance or human input.
Player Sorting in Game Results
Going forward all player data in Game Results will be sorted by the player’s position in this order: C, LW, RW, F, D and the player’s last name. Games played prior to this build will not use the player last name as a sort option.
Cron Job Updates Released as Hotfixes
I released cron job update code for the AutoGM and LiveGameUpdate based on the changes I had made for the General job. We’ll now get a crontab that updates dynamically as UHS grows. All I really need now is some method of automatically creating new mysql databases when they’re needed. Released on December 31 2014.
- Total Rerate will now show a “+” sign if the rerate value is greater than 0 and Show Skills is enabled.
– Chemistry data will now be hidden for leagues that do not use Chemistry.
- Fixed an issue where a user could still enter a SavePoint name even if they had 5 or more SavePoints.
– Fixed an issue where the messaging for Player Training and Team Lawyers were not being properly formatted when the COM is advancing the season from Pre-Season to Regular Season.
- Fixed an issue where new leagues were not being created. Released as hotfix on December 29 2014.
– Fixed a syntax error that prevented live game data from being deleted once the game had been processed. Released as a hotfix on December 29 2014.
– Fixed an issue where Team City, Club, Abbreviation and Level were allowed to be edit despite being in a schedule. Released as a hotfix on December 30 2014.
– Released some administrative stat tracking tools on December 31 2014.
– Fixed an issue where SavePoints were not allowed to be created despite there being less than five SavePoints present. Released as hotfix on January 1 2015.
– Fixed an issue where Scoring and Penalty summaries were not being displayed in the correct order when viewing Game Results. Released as hotfix on January 4 2015.
– Fixed an issue where changing a team’s level (say Farm to Junior) would result in the team’s name not being shown for previous season’s standings. Released as hotfix on January 7 2015.